

James did NOT really want to have his picture taken!
We attempted our first "outing" with 2 kids. We drove up to Hendersonville and went to Sky Top. Now, it should be noted that in our original plan, we were going to go to Sky Top and then maybe run by Granny's house. This did not happen. First, it took us WAY longer to actually get away because, well, it takes WAY longer to do anything now! Then, when we got there, James was not particularly cooperative and we had to make a couple of trips back to the van to change clothes and diapers. So, by the time we were actually done at Sky Top it was time to go back home and pat ourselves on the back for surviving the day!!
Emma got to see the goats and the sheep, she played on the playground and she went on a "hay" ride (there is no hay - it's really a big wagon pulled by a tractor, but she loves it). I got an apple cider slushy, which I HIGHLY recommend if you like apple cider - it was delicious and refreshing. And, we actually remembered our money (one time we got up there with no cash) and got a bag of pink lady apples, which are our favorites!
My favorite thing of all was the mountains - I miss the mountains - and they were spectacular. Talk about a show - orange, red, yellow, gold, amber - every imaginable hue. Absolutely stunning. I love fall!

No comments:
Post a Comment