Monday, November 10, 2008

Emma's Field Trip





I didn't get a lot of great pictures of our field trip. We went to Steven's farm with Emma's class. First we went through a corn maze, which I think would be a lot of fun in the dark - we were totally turned around in broad daylight with a bunch of 5 & 6 year olds! Then we had lunch and some free play time and then it was off to the pumpkin patch. The lady who met us there did an awesome job of explaining how the pumpkins grow. Then, it was time to pick our pumpkin. Truthfully, I don't think Emma really cared. She liked the wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch and I think she had fun playing duck-duck-goose with her classmates, but she was pretty much in her own little world the whole time.
Each field trip brings its own set of challenges. This was our best one yet. Overall, she did fine and that, in and of itself, is an improvement. Past field trips have been completely exhausting because I spend the entire time chasing her and trying to keep her from having a total meltdown. Our next field trip is to the Peace Center in January - now, that will be interesting.
Special thanks to Aunt Brenda who watched James so I could spend the day with Emma!!

No comments: