
We headed out to Youngblood Berry Farm on Sunday afternoon to pick strawberries. This is the first time we've tried this with Emma. She *sorta* figured it out immediately. It took no time for her to realize that those were strawberries on those litte bushes, and that we were taking them off the little bushes. She did have a bit of trouble with leaving the bushes intact, with not walking ON the bushes, or over the rows, and with leaving the green berries alone. And, despite my firm objections, she could not be prevented from eating a few of them on the spot!

We are now enjoying the fruits of our labor with some yummy strawberry pie. I'm not making jam this year, because I still have jam from last year. But, I will probably freeze some of the berries for strawberry ice cream later on this summer.


1 comment:
Hey Emma ,, that is exactly how I pick strawberries :-) Glenda won't let me go much :-(
Post a Comment