Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Emma's First School Program

If you look VERY closely, you can see Emma right in the middle of this picture. Emma had her first school program on Monday, December 8th. The kindergarten class sang Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer as part of the Christmas Concert. It was about 1000 degrees, totally packed (I'm pretty sure we violated the fire code occupancy requirements) and we were there 30 minutes early and still had to stand the entire time. I have some video, but haven't figured out how to get it on the computer yet. When I do, I'll post it on YouTube.
I was so proud of Emma that I could have exploded. She marched in with her class, mostly sat still (as far as I could tell) and sang and did the motions. She knows every word. She was so cute - she would turn around every now and then during the song, almost like she was checking to be sure that everyone else was doing what they were supposed to do. We are so happy with her class and her progress this year.

I really missed Gary on this night. Gary would have been all over this. If you were blessed to know Gary, you can totally picture this, can't you? Gary, with video camera in one hand and digital camera in the other, or in his shirt pocket. Gary, insisting on photos before we left the house, while we were at the school, in the classroom and then when it was over. Gary, not caring that the place was packed, and maneuvering around to get the best possible video position. While we have about 5 minutes of video, Gary would have had about 30 minutes!! Gary, showing off the photos and videos to everyone who was lucky enough to run in to him over the next few days. While we have pictures, Gary would have had LOTS of pictures!! We miss him!!!


Emma's reindeer shirt.
The video is of Emma saying reindeer - she wouldn't sing...


No comments: