Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Three Weeks Old!

Note: I started this post on Wednesday...it has taken 2 days to finish...it's crazy around here!





We can hardly believe it! James is 3 weeks old! And what a 3 weeks it has been. We are still exhausted, still trying to figure out how to do life with this little bundle of joy, still waiting for a few more hours of consecutive sleep!!



A few updates...Emma has begun to get adjusted to James. After some behavior issues at school & at home in the week after he was born, she seems to be getting back to "her" normal - which is, of course, unlike anyone else's normal! She is getting protective of James and she seems to actually be happy to see him when I pick her up from school. So far, she's played well in the afternoons and has been pretty patient with the fact that I can't always respond to her immediately and sometimes she has to wait for help. She now has a sinus infection and stayed home from school, so today was really the first day that I've had both kids home with me all day. Surprisingly enough, I have survived! :-)


We've got some great pictures of Brian's family - Brad, Melanie, Anna, Ashlyn & Ethan were here on Saturday and we've got some photos of Sandra with all 5 of her grandchildren. She was in her element to have all 5 with her at once! And, check out how big Ethan is!! We can't believe it. He is 7 months old and too cute for words!!








This photoshoot was bittersweet to me. For some reason, when we are all together, it seems to highlight the ones who are missing. I missed Gary a lot on Saturday, and couldn't help but think that Grandpa & Grandpa would totally have been here if they could. We were remembering how Grandma had the touch with Emma - she could pick her up and Emma would just fall sound asleep on her chest. It makes me sad to think that the kids won't get to know them personally, but I've already started planning some scrapbook pages where I am going to try to capture some of the things that made them so unique to be sure that Emma & James know how much they were loved and wanted by their Grandpa and their GGPa & GGMa.

Thanks again for all your thoughts, prayers, phone calls, meals, emails, etc.
More updates as I have time...right now, I have a hungry little boy to feed!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

What beautiful pictures.

Good luck getting sleep...it is so needed!

Kelly

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

He is getting big!! Great pictures!

Amy said...

Quite adorable! I showed the girls; they liked it too but wanted to know if Reynolds was in any of the pictures!